Tuesday 31 January 2012

For the love of Pin cushions

The Love tree
 
I decided that this year i would try and use up all those pieces of fabric, that are too small for any one big project like bags or cushions, but are far to lovely to throw away. I have two folders full of those bits of scraps, and i decided to use them up this year by making lots of pin cushions and use them as backings for some embroidery .


The fronts are Laura Ashley linen, which had 30% off in my local shop. Let me just say "OMG it is so beautiful to work with", i have cut most of it up to use like blank pieces of paper to draw on, and then embroider over it. I am loving this way of working. It feels very free, and it's quite addictive, I've made 5 up to now and i have another 3 on the go. I think it takes me back to when i was a kid and i would sit there drawing, and imagining how my drawing would look stitched.
They All seem to be loved up, in some kind of way. Love tree, love bot, van of love, so  my other side decided that sugar skulls should be next enough with the love stuff. So thats what i have been working on today.

 It is also helping me use up all those little bits of DMC and Anchor threads that I've had left over from previous cross stitch projects.
                           
                                                                          Love bot.
                                         




Love and Linen

Donna x

www.folksy.com/shops/MaisyLeeDesigns

2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Hi there, thank you so much for popping by my blog! It always makes me smile to see a new comment!

I love your pin cushions, what a very sweet idea to use up your scraps! I always have plans for my scraps but never seem to be able to find the time to put them to use! Hope you are having a great day and that the sun is shining where you are, it is freezing here! But lovely and sunny x

Harborough Dad said...

Hi there - just found you blog via Much Ado about Paper, I'm your new follower.

Love these pin cushions, what a great way to use up little bits of fabric.

Off to check out your Folksy shop now.

Have fun.

Jumbleberries xx