Thursday 8 January 2009

First make of 2009.




















So I didn't stick with plan of no new makes until my pile of U.F.P is gone. :) Instead i went ahead and made this from the book "softies" (Therese Laskey)
In the book it was hung on a little coat hanger, but i didn't have any wire to make one, so instead i made mine into a little pin cushion. I think I'm going to make a few of these and give them to friends as little gifts i think the variations are limitless they could be made so many different ways. I think next time though i will need to sew around the inlay of spotty fabric (or buy better fabric glue).
I also thought i could appliqué them onto bags, and the odd cushion front. :)
Also i think making all those Xmas booties, has finally made me very happy with my blanket stitch WOoohooo!

No comments: